People seek out individual therapy for a variety of reasons, hoping to feel better and function better in their lives, relationships, and careers.
I work with Adults and Adolescents on a variety of life issues.
A few common reasons people seek therapy are
- Feeling down or sad for long periods of time
- Feeling stuck in different areas of life like career and relationships
- Low confidence or self-esteem
- Grief and loss
- Excessive worry or fears
I see clients for all these reasons. With an added specialty of Gender, Sexuality and Sex Therapy, clients also come in for
- Support around coming out to families
- Increasing communication skills and intimacy
- Learning to embrace themselves fully
- Heal from sexual (or other) trauma
- Increase pleasure in their lives